Home Remedies to get rid of cracked heels
Causes of Cracked Heels:
Home remedies for soft heels
Cracked heels are also known as heel fissures which means “A long narrow opening; a crack or cleft” these cracked heel’s cuts or wounds badly affect the surface level of skin that comprises the epidermis, sometimes it may get deep and becomes very painful. Heels fissure is indeed becoming a serious problem of health nowadays and every person of any age, whether a man or a woman is suffering from this severe health issue.
The main cause of heel fissures is the lack of foot care or using artificial heel creams that are harmful for our sensitive skin. The other major cause of cracked heels is the effects of winters and when we do not bother to take care of our heel’s skin damages by not applying any moisturizer or any special treatment even at home. We can say that it is a huge obstacle or hurdle in our daily life which affects badly to our health if necessary precautionary measures are not taken by us.
There are two major types of cause of cracked heels:
- Internal causes of cracked heels
- External causes of cracked heels
Internal causes of cracked heels:
It is a not a worthy question that why we get the heel fissures? Medically it is proved that due to following deficiencies in our body the heel problems occurred:
- Omega 3
Sources to overcome these inadequacies:
- Fresh Milk
Fish is the major source of DHA, Omega 3 and Zinc and Fish Tuna is the best example in this case. Moreover fish oil capsules are available in the market to meet the deficiency. Calcium deficiency leads to osteoporosis (the problem in which bones become delicate). To recover these deficiencies in our body, we must take a plenty of fresh milk. Magnesium is known as macro-mineral because it is found in every colorful fruits and vegetables. It’s defiance leads to leg cramp, foot pain, anxiety, chronic fatigue syndrome, muscle contraction etc.
If these internal deficiencies are controlled then heel fissure automatically will recover.
External causes of cracked heels:
- Unclean foot
- Dry skin
- Unfit shoes
- Usage of wet socks in winter season
- Standing in the same posture for a long time
- Less use of moisturizer
The external causes will collectively give you serious cracked heel problems. But you are not late yet! Here are the simple, effective and worthy home remedies. Home Remedies are the natural and pure way of physical and skin treatment, and of course without any side effects and heavy expenses.
Home Remedies For Soft Heels
Remedies for cracked heels
Things you will need:
- Rose water
- Lemon Juice
- Banana paste
- Almond oil
- Olive oil
Home Remedies to cure cracked heels:
- Take a mixture of glycerine and rose water and apply it on your feet daily at night before sleep. It will result in soft and cured cracked heels. Rose water is mostly used as a beauty product because it enriched with Vitamin A, C, D, E and Vitamin B3. To clean your feet use rose water because it works as a good anti-bacterial water.
- Lemon is enriched with Vitamin C and lemon juice is very mild natural acid that dissolves dead cells of skin and makes the skin smooth and cracked free. So if you want to get rid of cracked heels then you have to use lemon juice as a home remedy for soft heels. For this, soak your feet in lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes to clean them, then add lemon juice in water and gently brush your feet to clean top layer of dead skin.
- Take some water, olive oil and honey, and make a mixture of these products to make your own natural and useful moisturizer. Olive oil and honey are considered to be natural moisturizers that makes your feet soft and will prevent further harmful cracking.
- Banana due to it’s multiple qualities can be used as a good moisturizer for heeling heel fissure. Banana is enriched with Vitamin A and a large quantity of Potassium. A simple but effective home remedy for soft heels is to apply the pulp of ripe banana on feet daily, this will help to cure the cracked heels. This will not only clean the dry scaly dead cell skin but also it will make your feet pinkish.
- Glycrin can be used as a cleanser and can be directly apply on the heels because it has the ability to stop the growth of hard and dead skin cells.
- Lemon extract makes your heels soft and gives you a soothing effect. Simply pour a half cup of lemon juice in one cup of rose water and then soak a soft towel in it and gently rub it on your cracked heels. To get desired results apply this procedure on daily basis.
- Vaseline is easily available in market and is one of the easiest formula to get rid of heel fissure. Apply it daily on your feet and wear socks to prevent from dust.
- Apply the Almond oil or olive oil on the cracked area of heels for getting optimum and healthy result.
- Always wear comfortable shoes and whenever your feet gets wet, first dry them and apply a moisturizer to avoid cracked heels.
- To remove dead cell skin from your feet, foot bath is necessary. Simply get a pedicure monthly by using homemade products and remedies.